What is Online Payment?
JapanTaxi's Online Payment can save you from paying directly to the driver, through registering payment methods such as credit cards and digital wallet in advance.
If you use Online Payment, you do not need to take out your wallet when you get off the taxi. The payment is finalized automatically just after you get to the destination and the fare is fixed.
Even when you are hurry and do not have enough money with you, you can take a taxi without worrying about payment.
How to register Online Payment
- You will select "Online Payment" from the menu (white three lines on the upper left of the initial map screen).
- You will tap "Add" or "Register" on the upper right of the screen.
- In "Select NetPay," you will tap your preferred payment method.
- You will tap "Credit Card."
- You can enter the card number, expiration date and CVV (security code).
- Finally, you will tap "Register."
- The card has been added.
- Cards issued outside Japan cannot be registered.
- Debit cards and prepaid cards cannot be registered.
You need to have a d account for registration.
- You will tap "d payment."
- You can finalize the registration by following the steps indicated in the screen
Apple Pay and Google Pay
If you would like to use Apple Pay and Google Pay, you will need to register your payment method directly in Apple Pay or Google Pay. There is no forms of registration in JapanTaxi app. You can select Apple Pay and Google Pay as your payment method if cards available in JapanTaxi are registered in either of them.
How to use Online Payment
After setting the pickup location and destination, you will be able to select your preferred payment method. If you select methods except "Pay After Ride CASH/OTHER OPTIONS," you can make an order via online payment.
You can also use Online Payment through riding in a taxi where JapanTaxi Wallet is available. You can see the details in the article JapanTaxi Wallet.
How to remove a payment method
- You will tap "Online Payment" from the menu.
- You will select the payment method you would like to delete from the list of methods.
- You will tap "REMOVE" at the bottom of the screen.
- You can delete the method by tapping "Delete" in the dialog box.